Friday, March 11, 2011

Dryer Balls and Wow Towels As Seen on TV from the Dollar Store!


A couple of days ago I went to "Dollar Discount 99 Cent +" store on Sahara and Decatur near the giant Savers thrift store. This is one funky Dollar Store with a vast array of imported (i.e. Made in China) merchandise, with many items well over a dollar, but a good value none the less.

Many items that are 99 cents in other stores are a $1.29 here, but it is worth the experience for the oddities, and the amazing line of sparkly hair accessories. Near the counter there is a vast array of cosmetics, jewelry, and even tinted eye contacts!

I'll get to the shiny stuff later, but I wanted to highlight my pink dryer balls. You may have seen these on TV, and the package does in fact say "TV Brands." They are however called "Washing Balls" but the directions do say to put them in the dryer.

The package also says I will "Save Hundreds $$$*" On Fabric Softeners, Dryer Sheets, and Energy.

This reminds me of the hilarious Sham Wow commercial that claims "You're gonna spend $20 on paper towels every month anyways!" Really, Sham Wow guy? $20??? I shop at the Dollar Store -- I might spend $2 on paper towels every month . . . but I digress . . .

And Vince, the jokes on you, because I actually picked up some Sham Wow type towels at -- the Dollar Store!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment