Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Tribute to Patsy Cline

Today marks the Anniversary of Country and Western Music's version of "The Day the Music Died".


Patsy Cline, Cowboy Copas, and Hawkshaw Hawkins were all killed in a plane crash outside of Camden, Tennessee.

Beyond her amazing talent, Patsy was a personality -- the tales of her sharp and witty tongue are as legendary as her songs -- and a glamorous Diva. When the folks at the Grand Ole Opry still liked their "girl singers" to wear gingham dresses, Patsy was dressing is form fitting sparkly numbers worthy of any fashionista of the day. But Patsy was also practical, and along with her mother, she made many of her own stage outfits before she had less time, and more money, and could direct Nudie the Rodeo Tailor to create them for her.



In Tribute to Patsy, I have placed her in my finest Dollar Store frame, along with one of the most splendiferous things I have ever found in a Dollar Store -- a beautiful, glittery butterfly, and a rhinestone heart pendant.

I'm still crazy for you Patsy, I fall to pieces when I hear your voice, and I'll always have sweet dreams of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment