Saturday, April 23, 2011

An Easter Bonnet with All the Frills Upon It


There are so many wonderful things about Easter, but getting a new outfit and new hat is as thrilling for me today, as it was when I was four years old. Actually, it is more fun now because I get to pick out my own finery -- or even make it, but in all these years a couple of things hasn't changed -- most likely it will be pretty and pink.

I got the basic pink hat at the 99 Cent Only Store today, and went to town with other items I had bought there (and at other Dollar Stores) in the past. My favorite butterfly tops off the creation, and when I was finished it reminded me of one of Minnie Pearl's hats. In honor of her I added a price tag, adjusted for inflation. The cost of one Easter Bonnet from the Dollar Store - $12.98, the feeling you get when you stroll down the boulevard in the Easter Parade - priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment