Friday, April 22, 2011

Family Dollar -- Dollar Store or Not?

The Las Vegas Valley is a hotbed of Dollar Stores. A quick search will unveil a map with at least

We have 5 99 Cent Only Stores, 8 Dollar Trees, 7 Family Dollar Stores, and quite a few independents like the 98 Cent Super Dollar Store, Nic's Dollar Store, Dollar Discount, and quite a few small, scary, ethnic looking places tucked into tired Strip Malls in questionable neighborhoods.

I've been to most of them with the exception of Family Dollar. I guess I put it in the category of "not really a Dollar Store" along with Dollar General, which I frequented in Nashville, TN and had fallen into the "once you go buck, you never go back" mindset of a Dollar Store purist.

My fears were confirmed when I asked a co-worker and fellow Dollar Store enthusiast about Family Dollar, and she remarked "Well, there is hardly anything in there for a dollar."

No comments:

Post a Comment